Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

And Then I Said Fuck it, I'm Not Going to Let Myself Feel Unwanted by an Awards Show

See, I get in these moods with pop culture. If I forget to be properly hyped beforehand- like for the Superbowl- then I end up forgetting or being preoccupied when it comes on. This happened with the Grammys, and I actually can't think of other awards shows but believe me, it happens all the time. And then I proudly flaunt my indifference the next day when everyone's talking and Tweeting and debating about the results.
But I'll tell you a secret.
A part of me, the part that is locked in an eternal catfight with my non-conformist side, DIES.

So I forgot to start watching the Oscars because frankly, I didn't know what time it started or what channel it was on and I was doing math homework and watching Adventure Time/ Criminal Minds, blah, blah, life.
And then I went on Tumblr and saw the Oscars blowing up my dash, and I was like. Huh. Here comes that familiar pang of I'm being left out here.
Because I'm just apathetic about pop culture, obviously I'm up for watching the Oscars passively while I do other things (namely writing this post), so the clear answer was just to ask my mom what channel it was on and turn on the TV. However I'm a total freak, and I started to internally yell at myself.
"YOU CAN'T JUST TURN ON THE OSCARS IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM THEN YOU'RE JUST JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON AND EVERYBODY WILL THINK YOU ARE WEIRD."
But then I said, fuck it.
And I think I've started off almost every sentence in this post with a conjunction. But I don't give a shit.
I'M WATCHING THE OSCARS AND MY THERAPIST WHICH IS MADE UP WOULD BE PROUD.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I didn't even watch the Oscars because my dad's a complete moron and wouldn't let us watch it. He said he would "DVR it" ... AS IF THAT'S GONNA HELP!!! I don't wanna watch it after the freaking show, I wanted to watch it LIVE!! Oh well, he's the boss (Unemployed butthead).

    PS I like the tags and I WON'T unfollow you ;P

    ReplyDelete