Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

In Which I Reveal Works in Progress

I can never actually finish shit though. Whatever.

Punchline:
I want to beat you with my logic
Cold cock you with knowledge
Love's an unusual dichotomy for me
It doesn't go over well at parties.

Untitled:
I could kiss your poisoned lips
I could lay beside you in eternity
But frankly that doesn't interest me
I look towards the dead for tips

Untitled #2:
Strolling through the graveyard in late afternoon
Watching as ragged trees rattle their bones
And sing for our sins on the spring blossom wind
I crack a smile and I'm home.

Trod on the roofs of the dead and gone
Plots staked out in anticipation of fate
Sparrows ride on the aerial tide above my mind
Stop and wonder at the noise they make.

Lay among the silent population
As leaves rustle and discuss the sun
Stained my eyes with ghostly lies and promises
Yet they still say I'm the lucky one.


Yep.

3 comments:

  1. Your writing is so fantastic. You need to get some of this published. No, you need to get ALL of this published.

    My favourite lines:

    "Poisoned lips:

    "I look toward the dead for tips."

    "Sparrows ride on the aerial tide above my mind."

    "Lay among the silent population
    As leaves rustle and discuss the sun."

    Wonderful, wonderful stuff. Never stop writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could kiss you right now
    if there's a non-creepy way to say that over the internet I mean it in that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, wait a minute...

    THIS STUFF IS GOOD!

    "I crack a smile and I'm home."



    Whoa...

    ReplyDelete